Domaine du Météore Wines
- Matthew Jukes MW, 29 Feb 2020, The Daily Mail, ‘2016 Léonides, Domaine du Météore Faugères’:
On Léonides (Rouge) 2016: “With spicy, meaty liquorice and wild herb notes underpinning a luxurious black fruit core this is a devastating wintry red”
- Rosemary George MW, 3 Dec 2019, A Blog about the Wines of the South of France, ‘Domaine du Météore’:
On Carignides 2017: “Deep young colour. Quite a firm nose, with some red fruit. And on the palate nicely balanced fruit and silky tannins…drinking beautifully”
On Lyrides (Rouge) 2016: “The nose is quite firm, and solid, and on the palate, there is a certain spiciness and a firm structure. There is a concentrated elegance.”
- Katherine Dart MW, 'Tasting notes on Domaine du Météore':
On Léondies (Rouge) 2016: “The tannins are ripe and woven with the fruit and the acidity brings freshness and focus - scented quality to the mid-palate. There is a clarity on the finish that lifts and lengthens the fruit."
On Carignides 2017: “The palate combines bright acidity and smooth tannins with lively, mouth-filling fruit, but this immediately pleasurable and primary character is underpinned by a subtle complexity that nods to minerality and spice."
On Lyrides (Rouge) 2016: “Brooding attack with firm phenolics aligned with elegant and crisp acidity. Cool and refreshing finish cleanses the palate - wonderfully long and gastronomic wine will shine with food."
On Parangon 2015: “The attack is smooth, leading to a fresh and vibrant mid-palate with deceptive depth of concentration. Hints of minerality support the fruit and acidity and the tannins are fine-grained providing both a foundation and framework."
- Natasha Heard, 5 Dec 2020, Luxury Lifestyle Magazine, ‘The Very Best White Wines for Christmas 2020’. See her round up here, featuring our Léonides Blanc 2019.
- Ashley Pearson, 16 Nov 2020, Metro, ‘The ultimate online Christmas gift guide for every budget. See the full list here, which includes our special testing case.
- Robin Goldsmith, 28 Jan 2020, Canopy, ‘Minerality: Second opinion’. Read this chat about our biodynamics, minerality, and future plans here.
- The Write Taste, ‘Wines from another dimension! Talking terroir, cosmic dust and biodynamics’. See this in-depth discussion of our domaine here.
Le Météore Rosé
- Rosemary George, 2 Aug 2020, A Blog about the Wines of the South of France, ‘Domaine du Météore latest release’:
“I liked it a lot, with a pretty pale colour and a delicate nose. The palate is nicely balanced, youthful and elegant with fresh stony fruit.”
- Secret Sommelier, 2 Sept 2020, ‘A selection of rosé wines for autumn’:
“To taste it certainly has a very fine strawberry flavour but also a gorgeous cool edge that draws you back for another slip. Really fabulous wine at an equally fabulous price.”
- Gabriel Power, 4 Feb 2021, 'The best white wines and rosés you may not have heard of':
"With no cloying sweetness, there could scarcely be a better wine with which to celebrate the coming of spring's warmer climes."
- Alex Hale, 12 Aug 2020, Good Housekeeping, ‘The best rosé wines to enjoy this summer’:
“The flavour is fresh and ripe tasting with the same red berry fruit and some strawberries and cream on the finish. Well balanced acidity and fruity sweetness make this a lovely rosé.”
- Fiona Beckett, 31 Jul 2020, The Guardian, ‘A rosé by any other name: splash out on new varieties’. Fiona’s list of great rosés can be found here.
- Vicky Leigh, 27 July 2020, Complete France, ‘Our aim is to create wines that truly give a sense of terroir’. A discussion about our range of wines and the introduction of our rosé can be found here.
- Jacopo Mazzeo, 19 Jun 2020, Imbibe, ‘Domaine du Météore unveils new organic rosé’. Read this article introducing our delicious rosé here.
- Lifestyle Linked, 12 Aug 2020, ‘Perfectly Pink: 3 Amazing Rosé Wines for Summer 2020’. See this review of our rosé here.
The Crater at Domaine du Météore
- Nicholas Lander, 13 Aug 2020, Financial Times, ‘Domaine du Météore Cabrerolles: ‘The scene was breathtaking’ – restaurant review’:
“The scene was breathtaking. As the sun was setting just before 8pm, the moon rose to the south-east. It felt like being in Australia – rugged nature, the vines, scrubland, and quite soon, some extremely good food and wine”
- Tara Haacke, 2 Aug 2020, Languedoc, ‘Domaine du Meteore – wine tasting in South of France’:
“What I didn’t expect was how professional the food was prepared and just how beautiful the location was”
The vineyard is quietly nestled in the Haut-Languedoc national park and we are delighted to welcome visitors for tastings, walks and more. With sweeping views down to the Mediterranean and, at our heart, the huge meteorite crater after which we are named, it is a truly one-of-a-kind place to visit.
Find out more about visiting the domaine, tastings, exploring the area and more.