Shop Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of the Domaine du Meteore website (the "Site") and your relationship with Meteore Wines Ltd (company registration number 12208425) whose registered office address is at 12 Highbury New Park, London N5 2DB (the "Company", "we" or "us"). Please read them carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use the Site. If you have any questions on the Terms and Conditions, please contact us at email@example.com.
All products are sold "as-is", without any representations or warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, as to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or other description of physical condition. Despite this, if there is any problem with a product or delivery from us, please contact us and we shall endeavour to help in whatever way we can.
All risk of loss and damage to a product passes to you upon shipment of the product purchased. We are not responsible for any acts or omissions in connection with the packing or shipping of the products or of the carriers, whether or not recommended or selected by us.
These Terms and Conditions of Sale, as well as your and our respective rights and obligations hereunder, shall be governed by and construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom. You consent to this exclusive jurisdiction with any product purchased from us. In no event shall our liability ever exceed the purchase price actually paid by you for such product.
Images used to represent products are intended for illustration purposes only, and are not necessarily true representations of the actual goods themselves. If you have any questions about particular products please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +33 (0)467902112.
None of these terms affect your statutory rights under consumer protection law.
- Orders may be filled and placed by clicking the ‘Checkout with PayPal' button. In doing this you are making an offer to buy from us within our terms. Once an order has been placed and payment received, you will receive a confirmatory email from PayPal. This confirmation email will be sent by an automated server and may end up in your junk folder. If it does please make sure our domain is white-listed so that you receive any other communications about your order as quickly as possible.
- The Meteore Wines Ltd online shopping system allows you to purchase Domaine du Meteore wines for delivery to any mainland address In England and Wales through our secure shopping system. All major credit and debit cards are accepted through our payment service provider PayPal, which provides a high level of data encryption and ensures secure transmission and processing of your details.
- All credit and charge card transactions are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. In addition, as extra fraud protection, the Company may (but is not obliged to) make extra checks on the names and addresses given in the order process against commercially available records such as Electoral Roll data. We may need to contact you again to verify details before we deliver and will not be held responsible for any delay so caused.
- You do not need to be registered on our website to order from us. The site is fully secure and supports encryption during the purchasing process, but if you would prefer to order by phone you can ring us directly on +33 (0)4679 02112 (between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday) to place an order or email us at email@example.com.
- At the point at which your payment is received by us a legally binding contract will exist between you and the Company, but we reserve the right to refuse or amend any order up to the point of dispatch (for wines for delivery), and you have the right of cancellation as set out below. If we have to amend your order we will always contact you before proceeding with the sale.
- In placing any order for alcohol you confirm that you are over 18. No contract shall exist between us and anyone under 18 who attempts to order or to take delivery of alcohol. If our drivers are in any doubt about this they are instructed not to leave the goods and the sale will be cancelled.
- Meteore Wines Ltd does its utmost to ensure that all wines offered on the website are currently available, but availability is limited, particularly of some of our smaller volume cuvees, and all products are offered subject to availability.
- Pricing and Discounts
- Prices are given per case of 6 or 12 bottles (75 ml) with the individual bottle price underneath. Prices include duty and VAT and are quoted in £ sterling.
- We offer a delivery service to most UK mainland addresses. We can deliver beyond the UK mainland but will need to quote you a price for this via email or phone.
- Our delivery is facilitated by London City Bond from their bonded warehouse in Leeds. The initial base delivery charge is £10 and then £5 per case of 6 or 12 bottles for orders of under £300 to a single address in England and Wales i.e. 1 case = £15, 2 cases = £20, 3 cases = £25 etc. Delivery is free for orders of £400 or more to one address in England and Wales. Please contact us for delivery charges to Scotland.
- Unless otherwise stated, we aim to deliver within 5 working days of receipt of your order although many of our deliveries are done within 3. If you have a deadline by which you need the wine, please let us know.
- We require the goods to be signed for upon delivery unless you provide us with alternative delivery instructions which you can let us know when we are arranging delivery.
- Any claims for short delivery or breakage or any other defect or deficiency must be notified to us or any third-party courier immediately.
- You will be deemed to have accepted the goods as delivered and in fulfilment of your order unless we hear from you within three days of collection or delivery, and you will not be entitled to reject them thereafter except as set out below.
- Cancellation and Complaints
- Orders delivered may be cancelled by you within seven days of receipt (by you or your designated delivery point), without your giving a reason. In this case the goods (in good condition and unopened) must either be returned to us or made available for collection.
- If we collect a collection fee will be payable.
- If we are unable to accept return because the goods are not in good condition or have been opened, a re-delivery fee will also be payable.
- Upon receipt and acceptance by us we will refund all payments (less any collection or delivery charges) within 30 days.
- Quality Charter
- Meteore Wines Ltd does its utmost to make sure that wines are delivered to you in the best possible condition.
- If you wish to return any wine, please call +33 (0)467902112 or email to arrange collection. Opened bottles must be retained and made available for collection.
- Refunds will be made to the credit card used for the original purchase after deducting 5% of the invoice total to cover our costs, including charges by your credit card company.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Force Majeure
- We shall not be liable for any failure to meet our obligations occasioned by circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- Any of these Terms and Conditions which is or may be void or unenforceable shall to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability be deemed severable and shall not affect any other Term or Condition.